Loeb & Loeb LLP is pleased to announce that partner Barry Slotnick will be speaking in PLI’s Understanding the Intellectual Property License 2015 on a panel titled, "Copyright Licensing."
From the event website
Why you should Attend:
Companies continue to turn to licensing because it offers extremely valuable economic and strategic opportunities. Licensing can be used to gain access to intellectual property at a lower cost than developing or purchasing intellectual property assets, and as a way of generating new sources of revenue out of existing intellectual property assets. This introductory course will give you an overview of how to negotiate and draft effective license agreements, whether you are the licensor or licensee. Experts in licensing will discuss different kinds of licensing agreements, and the business and legal issues related to them.
What You Will Learn:
- Fundamentals of a copyright license
- Important differences between patent and other technology licenses
- Key provisions and practical considerations in trademark licensing
- Negotiating tips and effective drafting techniques
- Understanding software and open source licenses
- Rights of publicity and entertainment licensing
- Addressing antitrust issues
- Treatment of IP licenses under bankruptcy law
- How licensing can generate new revenue
- Hear from a litigator what happens when the agreement has to be enforced
- Drafting considerations related to protection and enforcement of rights internationally
- Earn one hour of Ethics credit
- Instructive mock negotiation of a license agreement
For more information including how to register, please visit the event website.