Loeb & Loeb LLP is pleased to announce the launch of Cleantech Connect, a networking event for industry insiders. Join us to talk cleantech and discover exciting prospects for investment or collaboration.
Cleantech Connect will be hosted by Loeb partner Joseph F. Daniels.
Loeb's inaugural event will be held July 27. Governor Gray Davis (Ret.), of counsel at Loeb and former Governor of California, will be the keynote speaker and three cleantech companies will present their businesses.
5:30-6:30 PM Registration and networking (cocktails will be served)
6:30-6:40 PM Opening remarks by Joseph F. Daniels, Partner, Loeb & Loeb LLP
6:40-7:00 PM Keynote address by Governor Gray Davis (Ret.), Of Counsel,
Loeb & Loeb LLP and former Governor of California
7:00-8:00 PM Presenting companies
8:00-9:00 PM Networking (cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will be served)
- ThinkEco develops easy-to-use energy efficiency technologies for consumers and businesses alike. Its patent-pending modlet (for "modern outlet") is a hardware/software solution for eliminating energy wasted by plugged-in appliances. ThinkEco is an NYC-based early-stage company with a strong emphasis on internal R&D.
- CALM Energy is focused on enabling companies to reduce energy costs and better manage risks, such as service reliability, through the use of its software-based energy services and CALM consulting services. Its Smart Utility Management (SUM) Platform supports businesses in effectively dealing with data and to use advances in information technology as a competitive advantage, resulting in better management of risk and improved enterprise value through cost reductions and monetization of existing underutilized energy-based resources.
- Converted Organics promotes, develops and operates profitable innovative clean technologies that contribute to the improvement of our environment by use of sustainable business practices and the judicious use of natural resources. Its three primary lines of business are at the intersection of agriculture, water and waste recycling: Organic Fertilizer (Converted Organics™), Vertical Farming (TerraSphere Systems), and Industrial Wastewater Treatment (Industrial Wastewater Resources).
Presenting Companies from the April 5, 2011 Event:
- BrightGrid Solar provides a financing solution that allows homeowners to lease solar energy systems, instead of having to buy the equipment and pay for the installation upfront. This enables homeowners to save on their electricity bill through clean solar power, without having to deal with the burden of a significant upfront cost.
- See-O-Two Biotech GmbH is a leading provider of technology for industrial-scale production of micro-algae-based biomass for biofuels and bioplastics that significantly mitigates carbon dioxide emissions.
- Solar ETC specializes in the research and commercial application of Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) technology and is a premier supplier of integrated CSP system solutions worldwide.
Presenting Companies from the January 20, 2011 Event:
- Anellotech, Inc. has developed a clean technology platform for inexpensively producing petrochemicals and transportation fuels from renewable non-food biomass that converts wood waste, corn stover, and sugar cane bagasse into synthetic petroleum.
- Efficiency 2.0 develops the next generation of software solutions for utilities, state and local governments, corporations, and many others by combining the most sophisticated energy end use algorithms with community based social media software.
- Green Energy Management is a full-service, national energy-management company that provides its clients with all forms of efficiency solutions, mainly based in three functional areas: efficient water utilization, energy-efficient lighting upgrades, and renewable energy generation.
Presenting Companies from the October 19, 2010 Event:
- Locus Energy is a provider of software solutions to the distributed renewable energy market through a web-based platform that enables project stakeholders to maximize the efficiency and transparency of installed systems.
- Wind Products Inc. develops and sells small wind energy systems and has developed products that improve the overall economics of distributed small wind energy generation.
- VQ Wind produces twin-rotor, vertical-axis VQ WindJets, an alternative to traditional propeller designs for light industrial, agricultural, commercial, municipal and residential use.