Loeb & Loeb LLP partner Walter Curchack will be a speaker at the Valuation of Distressed Securities Workshop presented by Institutional Investor Events.
In the wake of the subprime mortgage crisis, distressed securities investors are vigorously trying to determine the value of new securities that have come into the marketplace, while also establishing the value of the securities they already hold. Simultaneously, they must deal with compliance issues and risk management of their portfolios.
This one and a half day intensive workshop will provide delegates with a new skill set for better understanding how to value distressed securities, a command of risk management issues and an overview of new accounting and legal regulations surrounding bankruptcy. Experts will offer hands-on, in-depth model and structures analysis and pricing guides for this ever-changing and volatile market.
Friday, July 18, 8:30 AM - Valuation Issues in Bankruptcy Court featuring Walter Curchack
- The impact of the bankruptcy process on value; does it add or detract?
- Recent case law developments relating to valuation
- The role of the bankruptcy Judge: valuing the expert as well as the asset
- Unique valuation issues in bankruptcy, such as rejection damage claims, limitations on damages, pension and labor issues
- When should the valuation battle occur?