Practising Law Institute is pleased to present their upcoming live New York seminar on copyright law.
From the PLI website:
Why You Should Attend
Copyright law protects original works and is the basis for literature, music, drama, visual arts, sound recordings, computer programs and more. It continues to grow in importance both domestically and internationally, and poses legal questions involving ownership, litigation and licensing strategies, and more. This program focuses on the handling of commonly encountered procedures and problems as well as new copyright issues that are developing. Learn how to protect your clients’ copyright interests, as a faculty of experts in copyright law provides practical guidance on how to identify, handle and solve basic copyright problems.
What You Will Learn
- Basic principles of copyright law and Copyright Office practice
- How to enforce copyrights - litigation strategies and defenses
- New and noteworthy cases in copyright litigation
- How copyright law is applied to licensing arrangements
- Copyright law and the Internet
- Ethics and the copyright lawyer
10:30AM - Enforcing Copyrights
Barry Slotnick, Partner, Loeb & Loeb LLP
The basics of copyright litigation, including defenses such as parody and fair use; examination of litigation strategies, both proactive and reactive. Learn practice tips from the experts, who use them every day.