From the conference web site:
Promo Live is the PROMOTION MARKETING event for brand and agency marketers where the focus is NEW IDEAS and how to integrate them with brands, trends and consumer insights to create marketing campaigns that attract and engage customers.
If you are a brand or agency marketer involved in Promotion marketing; Interactive, Experiential, or Retail, the PROMO Live experience is for you.
Come to view and experience the trendiest, cutting edge products, services and technologies to use in your promotion campaigns and to get the “NOWest” information for integrating BIG IDEAS, consumer insights, and market trends with technologies and tactics, for maximum impact and ROI.
You’ll experience over 27 hours of cutting-edge ideas through interactive workshops, experiential sessions, topic-driven panels, and spotlight sessions - converging to deliver a compelling promotion marketing educational experience.
Relevant industry presenters provide original content in collaboration with the PROMO Live program committee and the expert Editors of PROMO, the presenting publication.
Featured Topics Include: Ideation, Social Media; Trends; Guerilla Marketing; Sponsorship; Interactive Marketing; Measurement & Metrics; At Retail…and more.
Tuesday, September 18, 3:00 PM: The Most Important Things to Discuss with Your Lawyer Before You Start a New-Media Promotion
Media and technology are changing at an ever-accelerating pace and so are the legal rules for promotions in this space. Learn about these new rules and how to ask your lawyer the right questions before you set off into this new terrain. Loeb partner Ken Florin will help you navigate through the complex legal issues facing marketers including:
- Kids marketing - what are my biggest concerns?
- Refer-a-friend - how do I structure it to comply with state and federal laws?
- Text messaging - what about premium charges to enter sweepstakes or contests?
- User-generated content - what can I use and what rights do I need?
- Online promotions - do I need an offline method of entry?
- Rights of publicity - what are the major pitfalls?
- International promotions - how do I reach a global audience?