Allen Sussman engages in a broad corporate and securities practice for companies ranging from newly formed startup teams to mature public companies in a variety of industries, including healthcare, entertainment, technology, real estate and banking. His practice includes the following areas:
- Public-Company Practice. Advise domestic and foreign public companies on disclosure and compliance obligations under SEC and stock exchange rules, corporate governance issues and complex securities law problems. Represent activist shareholders and public companies in proxy contests, contested governance matters and strategic planning.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. Represent companies and investors in public and private mergers and acquisitions, tender and exchange offers, asset acquisitions and dispositions, spin-offs and strategic partnering and joint venture arrangements.
- Securities Offerings. Represent issuers and underwriters in public and private offerings of equity and debt securities
- Private Funds. Represent private investment funds and sponsors in acquisition and investment transactions and offerings of LP interests.
- Emerging-Company Issues. Counsel start-up and emerging growth companies on a variety of topics, including choice of entity and other formation issues, capital raising transactions, equity compensation programs and executive employment matters.
- Banking and Financial Services. Represent banks, thrifts and REITs on corporate matters, securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions and federal banking regulation and compliance.
Allen is a frequent speaker on corporate, securities and banking topics, and has appeared as a guest commentator on CNBC to discuss SEC matters.
- 波士顿大学法学院, 法学博士, Editor, Annual Review of Banking Law
- Cornell University, B.S., School of Industrial & Labor Relations
- Named in The Legal 500 US in M&A: Middle-Market, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2013 edition)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Corporate Law (2006-2020), International Mergers & Acquisitions (2018-2020) and Securities / Capital Markets Law (2018-2020), The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc.
- Ranked Top 100 IPO Lawyer Nationwide by the IPO Lawyer Yearbook (1998-2003)
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Law Section