Jason Stiehl is an experienced trial lawyer focusing on consumer class action defense and complex commercial disputes involving trade secrets and restrictive covenants, unfair competition, corporate espionage, contracts and intellectual property claims.
Jason has represented clients in numerous nationwide class action matters, including multi-district cases involving claims of consumer fraud and alleged violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA) and state and federal antitrust laws. He has obtained and defended preliminary and permanent injunctions in several jurisdictions across the country. At the appellate level, he has briefed and argued matters before several federal circuit courts and the Illinois Supreme Court.
In addition to his litigation practice, Jason counsels clients on managing restrictive covenant obligations and on creating policies and procedures related to the protection of trade secrets and corporate assets. He works with clients in a wide range of industry sectors, including pharmaceutical and medical equipment, banking, manufacturing, advertising, real estate, technology, transportation and automotive.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, 法学博士, with honors
- Trinity University, 学士, Alpha Kappa Delta
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Trade Secrets Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2019)
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association