Erin Smith maintains a litigation and transactional practice focusing on labor and employment matters, including litigation of employment disputes, negotiation of agreements, and employment advice and policy creation.
Clients turn to Erin in the negotiation and preparation of employment and severance agreements, as well as the creation of employment policies involving anti-harassment, substance abuse, mandatory arbitration, social media, wage and hour, and affirmative action, among others. She also provides counsel on restrictive covenants, proprietary rights, indemnification, compensation and tax matters.
She advises employers regarding hiring and termination decisions, litigation avoidance, reasonable accommodations, employment policies, employee mobility issues, mass layoffs and WARN Act compliance. Erin regularly presents harassment awareness and workplace sensitivity seminars for midsize and large employers, as well as for attorneys seeking continuing legal education credit.
Erin’s litigation practice includes the representation of employers in single-plaintiff, class and representative actions involving claims for discrimination, harassment, retaliation, failure to accommodate, unfair competition, misappropriation of trade secrets and unpaid compensation.
In the area of investigations and investigation-related counsel, Erin represents employers in hearings before the Department of Labor, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the Employment Development Department, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
- 美国南加州大学法学院, 法学博士
- University of California at San Diego, 文学学士
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- Named "Southern California Rising Star" in Employment & Labor and Employment Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2007, 2009-2019)
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association