Sarah Schacter is a commercial and intellectual property litigator focusing on entertainment, media, and copyright law.
Sarah has represented music publishers, record labels, motion picture studios, independent film producers, production companies, major media companies, theater producers, literary agents, and fashion retailers. She has significant experience representing clients in the music industry, including successful representations in cases involving claims of copyright infringement, breach of contract, and other commercial disputes. Sarah has experience with all phases of litigation, including discovery, motion practice, trials, and appeals, in both federal and state courts as well as before arbitral tribunals.
In addition to representing clients in federal and state court litigation, arbitration, and dispute resolution, Sarah advises clients concerning right of publicity, defamation, privacy, and copyright and other intellectual property rights issues.
She also has an active pro bono practice, which includes representing clients seeking asylum in immigration court and domestic violence survivors in connection with the nonprofit legal organizations Human Rights First and My Sister’s Place.
Sarah is an editor of Loeb & Loeb’s Intellectual Property / Entertainment Law Weekly Case Update for Content Creators, Owners and Distributors.
- 乔治敦大学法律中心, 法学博士, cum laude, Executive Notes Editor, The Georgetown Law Journal
- Harvard University, A.B., cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Honorable Vincent L. Briccetti, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Named to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list in Entertainment & Sports Law and Intellectual Property Law (2021 and 2022)
- Named a "Rising Star" in The Legal 500 US in Copyright, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2020-2021)
- Named "New York Metro Rising Star" in Intellectual Property Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2017-2021)
- Member, Federal Bar Council
- Member, Copyright Society of the U.S.A.
- Member, Next Generation Committee, Media Law Resource Center