Brian Nixon’s practice spans advertising, technology, emerging media and privacy, with particular focus on clients implementing targeted advertising strategies and other data-driven marketing initiatives across various media channels. He provides forward-thinking counsel to clients ranging from startups (including social media platforms and emerging media ventures) to Fortune 500 companies.
He advises organizations of all sizes on data optimization, mobile commerce, Telephone Consumer Protection Act compliance, online behavioral advertising, gift card program design and execution, privacy issues, mobile apps, software development, advertising service agreements and content license agreements. Brian works with clients from a range of industries, including automotive, financial services, media companies, online retailers, consumer products companies, fashion technology, new media ventures, sports leagues, and advertising and promotions agencies.
The work I advise my clients on is frequently at the leading edge of technology and innovation. It’s thrilling to collaborate and bring parties together to navigate pathways that no one has been down before.
Brian has handled all aspects of drafting and negotiating agreements in marketing, merchandising, publishing, promotions, media, sponsorships, entertainment, branded and integrated marketing, and social media. In addition, he has experience in the development and offering of virtual currencies, mobile payments, online payments, peer-to-peer payments and prepaid programs.
Prior to beginning his legal career, Brian worked as a technology consultant specializing in the development and implementation of e-business solutions for international companies. His clients value his technical knowledge and understanding of their business.
Brian has been named in The Legal 500 US for his notable work in the marketing and advertising industries. He is a frequent speaker at industry events in the marketing, advertising, privacy and technology sectors.
- George Washington University Law School, 法学博士
- 马里兰大学, 学士, cum laude, Beta Gamma Sigma, Omicron Delta Kappa, Golden Key Honor Society
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Advertising Law, by The Best Lawyers in America (2020)
- Named in The Legal 500 U.S. in Marketing & Advertising and Data Privacy and Data Protection (2017-2019)
- Named "40 Under Forty" honoree in The Network Journal (2017)
- Named a “Washington, DC Rising Star” in Media and Advertising, Technology Transactions by Thomson Reuters (2014-2015)
- Named in Lawyers of Color Hot List (2013)
- Member, American Bar Association