Cathy Mulrow-Peattie is an experienced lawyer focusing on emerging technology and artificial intelligence, privacy, digital media, advertising, marketing, cybersecurity and e-commerce matters. Cathy draws upon her extensive experience as in-house counsel at Fortune 500 companies, start-ups and software companies to support and counsel clients on a wide range of matters, including complex regulatory compliance, data privacy strategy and compliance, cybersecurity, social media, digital media, loyalty programs, promotions, sponsorships, commercial transactions and acquisitions.
Cathy represents clients in a variety of fields, including media, consumer products, advertising and marketing, marketing research, financial services and sports. She provides practical and actionable guidance to help clients manage data, technology, cyber threats, privacy, and advertising and marketing campaigns and assets. As businesses face increasing regulations and competition, she proactively creates compliance programs and efficiencies to meet her client’s organizational needs to implement new data protection regulatory requirements, and she advises on the changing laws about influencers and promotions, e-commerce best practices and advertising and privacy training.
- American University Washington College of Law, 法学博士, With Honors
- Smith College, 文学学士
- Mastercard CEO Force for Good Award (2017)
- IAPP Education Advisory Board Member (2021-present)
- IAB Understanding Bias in AI task Force; CCPA/Legal Advisory Committee (2019-present)
- Cybersecurity Risk and Law Symposium, Managing Committee, University of San Diego (2019-present)
- Advisory Board Member, Score Business Roundtable Facilitator and Women Entrepreneur Presenter, SCORE-Mentor NYC (2018-2020)
- Law Clerk, Honorable Judge Sprouse, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit