Angela R. Matney represents clients in a variety of industries on a wide range of information privacy and data security matters. She regularly advises health care providers and other entities that access medical information on their privacy and data security obligations under HIPAA and other medical privacy laws. She has experience drafting and negotiating data-related agreements for clients in the energy, health care, and financial services sectors, among others. Angela also counsels companies on matters related to workplace privacy, security incident response, and data considerations in M&A transactions.
Named a “Rising Star” in Health Care by Virginia Super Lawyers, Angela is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
- 佛吉尼亚大学法学院, 法学博士, Articles Editor, Articles Review Board, Virginia Journal of Law and Technology
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Rehabilitation Counseling, M.S.
- University of Virginia, Mathematics, M.S.
- Washington and Lee University, Honors in Mathematics, 学士, magna cum laude
- Named "Washington, DC Rising Star" in Health Care by Thomson Reuters (2016-2018)
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Member, American Bar Association
- Pro Bono Attorney, Legal Information Network for Cancer