Wook Hwang is an experienced entertainment and intellectual property litigator who has represented motion picture studios, networks, production companies, digital streamers, publishers, and other content and brand owners. His practice encompasses litigation and counseling in all areas of complex IP, media and entertainment disputes, including copyright, trademark, false advertising, right of publicity, defamation and digital privacy. He has served as lead counsel at the trial and appellate levels of in federal and state courts, as well in various arbitral forums. In addition to his entertainment clients, Wook has extensive experience litigating high-stakes commercial disputes on behalf of clients in a variety of industry sectors, ranging from financial services institutions to insurers to real estate developers.
Wook is committed to pro bono work. He represented the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys as amicus curiae in the landmark case of Matter of Brooke S.B. v. Elizabeth A.C.C., in which New York’s highest court redefined and expanded the definition of parentage for nonbiological partners in same-sex relationships. He is also active in Loeb & Loeb’s representation of asylum seekers.
- 哥伦比亚大学法学院, 法学博士, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Recipient of Hamilton Fellowship,
- California Institute of Technology, Physics, 学士, with Honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Named an “IP Star” in the nationwide copyright law and trademark law categories by Managing IP (2022)
- Named in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in New York Media & Entertainment: Litigation (2022)
- Named "New York Metro Rising Star" in Intellectual Property Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2013-2017)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Media and Entertainment: Litigation (2021 and 2022) and Copyright (2022), published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard