Jeffrey Hamburg focuses his strategic practice on regulatory corporate and digital counsel across a range of highly regulated industries. He advises clients on state and federal privacy legislation and regulations, privacy policies, marketing communications, and data sharing and sales, with a focus on GDPR and CCPA.
Serving as a trusted business advisor, Jeffrey works closely with clients in the following areas:
- GDPR: Develops data protection impact assessments, privacy impact assessments and records of processing; performs gap analysis; drafts C2C and C2P data processing addenda; evaluates data breaches and notification thresholds; and drafts record retention policies.
- Biometric privacy laws and proposed legislation: Advises on notice and consent and customer authentication applications.
- Other Non-U.S. Privacy Laws: Advises on data localization and cross-border transfer laws across Asia and South America.
- Technology Contracts: Advises on SaaS agreements, cloud storage agreements and API policy compliance.
- Financial Product Marketing: Counsels on online marketing materials subject to FCRA, the Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z.
- TCPA: Advises on compliance and risk management for marketing communications to wireless phones, and on prior express consent and contract revocation.
- Blockchain: Advises on blockchain networks with off-chain protocols for specific applications.
- Data Breach Investigations: Reviews data breaches and various state reporting requirements and exceptions.
In addition, Jeffrey has experience providing counsel on government procurement contracting, telecommunications regulations and compliance and wireless gaming. He has served as a Director of Policy where he managed 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) entities, and provided public testimony and advocacy to elected officials.
- Washington University School of Law, 法学博士
- 杜克大学, 文学学士