Tara Gorman focuses her practice on hospitality law advising clients domestically and internationally on a broad spectrum of matters including hotel acquisitions, financings, operations and development. She also handles a variety of management, licensing and branding agreements for hotels, restaurants, water parks and casinos.
Tara maintains a diverse real estate practice, concentrating on commercial real estate acquisitions and sales, data center, office and retail leasing, and telecommunication license agreements. She has represented a range of institutional investors in connection with their real estate investments, as well as governmental and quasi-governmental agencies with respect to their real estate holdings.
“Tara is a trusted, savvy advisor with an unmatched reputation in the industry. Given the depth and breadth of her experience, her skills offer a boost to our real estate capabilities in the U.S. and around the globe.” - Raymond A. Sanseverino, Chair, Real Estate at Loeb & Loeb
In addition to her practice, Tara writes a column for Hotel Business Review, is a contributing writer to the textbook Hotel Law – Transactions, Management and Franchising, and regularly speaks at conferences and seminars on real estate and hospitality topics. She is also a professor in residence (adjunct) at the Washington College of Law of American University in Washington, D.C., as part of the Hospitality and Tourism Law Program, and at the University of Maryland, where she teaches Hospitality Law.
- 乔治敦大学法律中心, 法学博士
- 马里兰大学, 文学学士
- 马里兰大学, 工商管理硕士
- James E. MacLennan Every Day Hero Award, Up With People International Alumni Association (2016)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Vice-Chair, Timesharing and Interval Use Committee, of the Hospitality Group of the Real Property and Probate Section of the American Bar Assocation
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Women
- Professor in Residence, Hospitality and Tourism Law Program, Washington College of Law of American University, Washington, D.C., (2013-Present)
- Advisory Board, Drexel University's Center for Hospitality and Sport Management, Philadelphia, PA, (2014-Present)
- Board of Advisory, Georgetown Law Center's Hotel & Lodging Legal Summit
- Program Planning Committee, American Lodging Investment Summit
- Honorary Member, Chief Executive Officers Club
- Parent Educator/Leader, Parent Encouragement Program (PEP)
- Scholarship Coordinator, We'll Be There Foundation
- Member, Up With People International Alumni Association
- Member, Women in Film & Video of Washington