Shannon Gonyou maintains a diverse litigation practice with a focus on complex commercial disputes, real estate and bankruptcy litigation. She has experience working on all phases of civil litigation, from drafting dispositive motions to conducting depositions and preparing cases for trial.
Shannon’s pro bono work has included representing transgender prisoners against the Illinois Department of Corrections, representing a death row inmate in Alabama and securing the release of an immigrant from an Arizona detention center during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition to her litigation practice, Shannon has prior experience in counseling U.S. and UK hedge funds and private equity firms with respect to complying with U.S. regulations aimed at securities and investment advisers.
- University of Michigan Law School, 法学博士, cum laude, Chair, LGBT Pro Bono Project
- 密歇根大学工商管理学士学位, 文学学士, summa cum laude
- Admitted Only in Illinois and Michigan
- Member, Professional Discipline Committee, New York City Bar Association
- Law Fellow, Fellowships at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics (FASPE) (Summer 2018)
- Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) Fellow, Cook County Office of the Public Guardian, Juvenile Division (Summer 2018)