Andrew Garb concentrates his practice in trusts and estates litigation, and in the administration of estates and trusts with a special focus on nonprofit organizations. Among his principal clients are tax-exempt organizations such as Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, the Motion Picture & Television Fund, the Jewish Home for the Aging and City of Hope.
Andrew’s seasoned litigation career includes arguing cases before the U.S. Supreme Court, the California Supreme Court, the Nevada Supreme Court and the California Court of Appeal, which he considers among his proudest moments as a lawyer.
My approach as a lawyer is to be as hands-on and responsive as possible. I believe passionately in the goals and missions of my clients, and I believe these qualities have helped create the lasting client relationships that I truly enjoy.
Andrew extends his commitment to philanthropy outside his professional practice. He is a trustee of the Gladstone Institutes, a world-class medical research organization, and a director of the Roddenberry Foundation in Los Angeles. Andrew also serves as a director of the Kane Cancer Education and Research Foundation.
As a frequent panelist on various trust and estate law topics, Andrew has served as speaker and moderator for many associations and institutions, including the California Center for Judicial Education and Research, the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Southern California Tax and Estate Planning Forum, and UCLA’s CEB Estate Planning Institute.
- 美国南加州大学法学院, 法学硕士
- Harvard Law School, 法学博士
- 加州大学洛杉矶分校, 文学学士, With Honors
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Recipient, Arthur K. Marshall Award by the Trusts and Estates Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association (2012)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Named "Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year" by the Century City Bar Association (2009)
- Instructor, Land Finance Law and the Advanced Professional Program of California Probate Procedure, University of Southern California Law Center
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Trusts and Estates Litigation (2013-2022) and Trusts and Estates Law (1989-2016), The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc.
- Named "Southern California Super Lawyer" in Trust & Estate Litigation and Estate Planning & Probate by Thomson Reuters (2004-2020); listed in the Top 100 Southern California Super Lawyers (2005-2009 and 2011)
- “Who’s Who in American Law”
- Fellow, American College of Trusts and Estates Counsel
- Former Member, Executive Committee, Probate and Trust Law Section, California State Bar Association
- Former Member, Executive Committee, Probate and Trust Law Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Former Chair, Los Angeles County Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Director, Roddenberry Foundation
- Board of Directors, Kane Educational and Research Foundation
- Trustee, J. David Gladstone Institutes (medical research organization)
- Founder and Chair of the Board, Success Through the Arts Foundation
- Chair of the Board and Member, National Grants Review Committee, Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
- Former Board Member, Constitutional Rights Foundation
- Former Board Member and Former President, Kehillat Israel Synagogue
- Former Board Member, Westmark School