Linna Chen is a litigator focusing her practice on intellectual property, copyright and white collar criminal defense issues. She has significant experience representing individuals and companies in internal investigations and responding to government inquiries, both criminal and civil.
Linna has significant experience representing clients in the music industry, including successful representations for claims of copyright infringement, breach of contract, and other business and commercial disputes. She also has broad experience representing clients in cases involving a broad variety of business torts and contractual disputes. Her clients include music publishers, songwriters, production companies, fashion and apparel companies, other companies ranging from Fortune 500 companies to closely held businesses, as well as high net worth estates.
Linna has an active white collar criminal defense and investigations practice. She has experience counseling clients in responding to DOJ, SEC, PCAOB, FTC, and NY AG inquiries and investigations, including an SEC investigation into alleged accounting irregularities relating to the largest civilian government contract in the United Kingdom’s history. She also has experience conducting internal investigations related to allegations of accounting fraud, wire fraud, and other related statutory violations. Linna has also represented and defended individuals charged with wire fraud, insider trading and other related violations in criminal matters.
Linna also maintains an active pro bono practice. From 2017 to 2019, she was a member of the Associate Board of Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, the leading legal aid and education organization dedicated to New York artists and its arts and cultural organizations. While no longer on the board, Linna continues to work on pro bono cases on VLA’s behalf. She works regularly with Lawyers for Children, a nonprofit organization that provides free legal representation to children and youth who are victims of abuse and neglect, including winning an appeal before the First Department Appellate Division of New York on behalf of a neglected infant. She has also served as a mentor and coach to high school students in connection with moot court and mock trial competitions.
- 哥伦比亚大学法学院, 法学博士, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Articles Editor, Columbia Journal of Law and Arts
- Cornell University, 文学学士, with distinction Dean's List
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Named "New York Metro Rising Star" in Intellectual Property Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2014-2019)
- Associate Board Member, Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (2017-2019)
- Member, Copyright Society
- Member, Communications & Media Law Committee, New York City Bar Association