Schuyler Carroll serves as a trusted advisor to a wide range of clients, helping them develop solutions and strategic alternatives to their most complex restructuring matters. His practice focuses primarily on Chapter 11, 15 and 7 bankruptcy proceedings; distressed acquisitions; creditors’ rights enforcement; and litigation and advisory work. Clients also turn to him for out-of-court workouts and non-judicial reorganizations and restructurings.
Schuyler represents debtors, creditor committees, trade creditors, claims traders, and secured and unsecured creditors across a wide range of industries, including financial services, real estate, health care, retail, manufacturing, e-commerce, technology, telecommunications and hospitality.
He is particularly skilled in counseling parties on potential bankruptcy issues related to nonbankruptcy transactions such as investments, loans, and mergers and acquisitions. Schuyler also often represents buyers and sellers of distressed debt and equity, and he has extensive experience representing acquirers of assets of insolvent and bankrupt companies.
Schuyler has in-depth experience in enforcement of creditors’ rights and litigation in creditors’ rights in state and federal courts. His litigation background includes fraud claims, loan recovery and collection actions, fraudulent conveyance actions, foreclosures and replevin actions, enforcement proceedings, reclamation and other actions under the Uniform Commercial Code, loan participation and syndication actions, defense of lender liability, and usury and fraud claims.
Schuyler recently represented many corporate debtors in chapter 11 cases, including Absolut Facilities Management (Operator of Senior Living Facilities), Sarar USA (Domestic branch of worldwide upscale men’s clothing chain), Marine Environmental Remediation (Ship Recycler), Congregation Shar (non-profit religious organization), Bedford Properties; several non-profits in out of court restructurings; creditors committees in Robert Allan Duralee Group (Interior Design Wholesaler), Weyerbacher Brewery (Craft Beer Brewer and Restaurants). Schuyler also represented significant parties in various other chapter 11 cases, including Verity Health Systems (Hospital Operator), Quorum Health, Liberman Broadcasting (Latin Television and Radio Stations), Guitar Center, Global Eagle Entertainment and Neiman Marcus.
- Binghamton University, 文学学士
- St. John's University School of Law, 法学博士, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- Received “AV Preeminent” Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Named one of New York’s Top Rated Lawyers by American Lawyer Media (2013)
- Member, Enhance Diversity in the Profession Committee – New York City Bar Association
- Member, 2018 Civil Court Independent Screening Panel, New York County Democratic Committee
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member, Diversity Champion Award Selection Committee – New York City Bar Association
- Member, New York County Civil Court Independent Judicial Screening Panel
- Member, Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Unsecured Trade Creditors Committee
- Member, Real Estate and Business Reorganization Committee