Daniel Besikof's practice focuses on Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings, corporate restructurings, liquidations and significant avoidance litigation. He takes a strategic approach to solving his clients’ issues, gaining a deep understanding of their businesses and keeping their long-term objectives in mind as he works to find the best possible solutions.
Daniel's clients consist of debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, indenture trustees, agents, landlords, equity holders, asset purchasers, distressed investors and other stakeholders. He works with clients across a wide variety of industries, with a recent focus on healthcare, oil and gas, media, technology and real estate, with a particular emphasis on troubled real estate projects involving EB-5 investors.
Daniel also has experience representing defendants in high-stakes bankruptcy avoidance litigation, including fraudulent transfer and preference litigation. He advises clients in commercial litigation matters and has represented lenders and agents in the negotiation and documentation of secured and unsecured credit facilities involving term loans, revolving lines of credit and letters of credit.
Daniel has been consistently recognized as a “New York Metro Rising Star” in bankruptcy and creditor/debtor rights by Thomson Reuters and has earned an AV Preeminent professional rating, the highest rating offered, from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory. Daniel is active in a variety of industry associations, including serving as the co-chair of the American Bankruptcy Institute’s Business Reorganization Committee, and is a frequent speaker on bankruptcy topics.
In his spare time, Daniel likes to spend time with his family and coach Little League and youth basketball.
- Brooklyn Law School, 法学博士, American Bankruptcy Law Journal Student Prize
- University of Wisconsin, Personal Finance, 学士
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Received "AV Preeminent" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Named "New York Metro Rising Star" in Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights by Thomson Reuters (2011-2018)
- Turnaround M&A Atlas Awards 2017 “Corporate Turnaround of the Year” award for transactions valued between $1 billion and $2.5 billion. The firm was recognized for its role in the complex financial restructuring of C&J Energy Services Ltd. (2017)
- Received Turnaround Atlas Award for “Consumer Products & Services Restructuring of the Year” for representation of the asset purchaser in the Mallygirl, LLC Chapter 11 case (2016)
- Co-Chair of ABI's Business Reorganization Committee
- Former Education Director and Special Projects Coordinator for the ABI Business Reorganization Committee
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, Barry L. Zaretsky Roundtable Steering Committee
- Judicial Intern, Honorable Elizabeth Stong, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, E.D.N.Y. (January-May 2004)