Loeb & Loeb LLP is proud to be a sponsor of the 21st Annual ABI Winter Leadership Conference.
From the ABI site:
In addition to insights from some of the top insolvency and restructuring experts on issues confronting the profession in 2010, this year's conference will also feature a luncheon keynote by Amity Shlaes, bestselling author of The Forgotten Man: A New History of the Great Depression, titled "How Financial Crises Provide the Pretext for Government Expansion (and Make the Crisis Worse).”
Concurrent panel sessions at the conference include:
- Liquidating Chapter 11s: New Rules of the Road
- Bankruptcy's Next Wave: A Look at the Financial Crisis One Year Later
- High Income Individuals: Chapter 11 by and for the People
- Foreclosure Litigation: Defenses and Counterclaims
- Watching your Stuff: Intellectual Property and Intangible Assets
- Loan-to-Own: How Lending and Private-equity Markets Are Changing the Landscape
- Recent Issues and Trends in Real Estate Restructurings
- "Discharge by Declaration" and Other Strategies to Discharge Consumer Debts
- Bankruptcy Litigation: Latest Issues and Defenses
- Internal Investigations: Managing the Process
Plus 14 Committee Educational Sessions including:
- Circuit Splits - Will Recent Decisions on Several Key Issues Result in Forum Shopping?
- 2010: A Restructuring Odyssey
- Reorganizing (or Liquidating) Not-For-Profit Entities.
- The ABI Consumer Fee Study: The Results of the Pilot Study and Where We Are Going From Here
- Should Congress Reform Bankruptcy Reform?
- The Real Estate Trinity: Litigation Involving Single-Asset Real Estate Cases, Retail Reorganizations and Liquidations
- Flatliners: A Health Care Filing Checklist
- It's a Small, Small, Small World: Inherent Conflicts in Representation of Closely Held Entities and Joint Representation
- Polaroid and Beyond: Differing Perspectives On What Is the Highest and Best Bid and Other Selected Sale Issues.
- Where's My Cash Windfall? Tax Planning Opportunities From Recent Legislation
- The Future of Alternative Dispute Resolution – How ADR Can Expedite Efficiency for the Courts and Attorneys
- News at 11? Valuing and Restructuring Media Companies.
- Global Crisis: An Essential International Update