Loeb & Loeb LLP and BRIC Business Forum present BRICS Connect 2011 Brazil Summit.
Join us at a networking event for industry insiders to discuss the current state of the market in Brazil and discover exciting prospects for investment or collaboration.
The keynote speaker for the BRICS Connect 2011 Brazil Summit will be Russell Armstrong. He is the Founding Managing Director of Crescent Financial Partners, has spent the past 23 years as an investment banker and venture capitalist, and has been instrumental in the development of over 200 businesses with early-stage funding in excess of US$2 billion. Russell has in the past year been involved in six investments in Brazilian companies and two investments in Brazilian venture capital funds.
After the keynote address, five Brazilian companies ranging in size from $1 million to $150 million in annual revenues will present their businesses. The evening will conclude with a networking cocktail reception.
BRICS Connect promotes international business collaboration between mid-market companies in the US and the BRICS countries (or Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa). It promotes these collaborations through live and virtual events, an interactive website (www.bricsconnect.com), and advisory services. The BRICS Connect team has special expertise with all aspects of cross-border transactions involving companies in the US and BRICS countries, having facilitated financial and strategic partnerships throughout the BRICS region.
4:30-5:00 PM Registration
5:00-5:10 PM Opening remarks by Joseph Daniels, Partner, Loeb & Loeb LLP
Description of BRICS Connect by Chris Golden and Robert Janssen,
Members, BRICS Connect
5:10-5:40 PM Keynote address by Russell Armstrong, Managing Director, Crescent
5:40-7:00 PM Brief presentations by Brazilian companies (see list below)
7:00-7:05 PM Closing remarks by Bharat Ramani, Member, BRICS Connect
7:05-8:00 PM Cocktail reception
- Algar Tecnologia provides highly specialized IT and business process outsourcing solutions for the education, financial services and healthcare sectors, and is seeking a local partner to establish itself in the North America.
- Compasso provides custom Oracle technologies and applications to leading global companies and organizations in different industries, such as energy, retail and banking. Compasso has an established North American customer base and is seeking to expand its business here.
- Drimio provides platforms and tools to enhance online customer experience and brand loyalty management. Drimio is seeking to expand its business in North America.
- Embria focuses on developing technologies and software applications to manage people, processes and information in real-time via its customizable, web-based SMB enterprise BPO platform called Violin ®. Embria is seeking to expand its business in North America.
- PHDSoft provides technology-enabled asset-protection solutions used to predict the structural integrity of critical energy, industrial and public infrastructure such as aircraft, bridges, cranes, ships, offshore rigs, nuclear reactors, industrial plants and overpasses. PHDSoft serves clients like Petrobras and Shell across a number of segments, including chemical, petrochemical, paper and pulp, steel production, mining and nuclear power, among others.