Anita P. Wu is an accomplished litigator with more than 13 years of experience representing high net worth individuals and industry-leading companies in high-stakes litigation over a broad range of matters in state and federal courts – including trust and estate matters, professional liability, corporate governance, securities, bankruptcy, tax and accounting issues. Anita has achieved highly favorable results at trial, on dispositive motions, in settlements, and on appeal. In recent years, she has achieved complete defense victories on behalf of clients in lawsuits claiming hundreds of millions of dollars in damages. She has also successfully represented clients in government and regulatory investigations and proceedings by the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission and U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Anita has been recognized by Super Lawyers and Los Angeles magazine as a “Rising Star” in Litigation for 8 consecutive years since 2013, and as one of the “Top Women Attorneys in Southern California.”
Anita also has significant appellate experience, and worked at the U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil Appellate Division in Washington, D.C. in 2004. She has authored winning appellate briefs and writ petitions in matters before the California Court of Appeal, the California Supreme Court, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Third, Ninth and Tenth Circuits, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Anita graduated magna cum laude from Yale University in 2003 with Distinction in Philosophy, and received her law degree from Yale Law School in 2006. While in law school, she served as Co-Chair of the Yale Moot Court of Appeals, and editor of the Yale Journal of International Law. She was elected to represent the law school in the Yale Graduate & Professional Student Senate. In addition, Anita was a John Fletcher Caskey Prize Finalist in the Yale Mock Trial Competition, and Thurman Arnold Prize Semi-Finalist in the Yale Moot Court Competition.
In recent years, Anita has served as the national Chair of Law Practice Management for the American Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division, and as the Young Alumni Chair of the Yale Club of Southern California. She served on the Associates Advisory Board of the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles from 2007-2016. In addition, Anita is regularly asked to conduct training for young lawyers and law school students on effective legal writing, trial advocacy, oral arguments, and taking and defending depositions. She has frequently presented on law practice management issues for lawyers.
- Yale Law School, J.D.
- Yale University, B.A., magna cum laude
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Mandarin Chinese
- Named “Southern California Rising Star” in Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2013-2019)
- Past Chair of Law Practice Management, Young Lawyers Division, American Bar Association (2011-2012)
- Past Associates Advisory Board Member, Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles (2007-2016)
- Past Young Alumni Chair & Board of Directors, Yale Club of Southern California (2006-2009)
- Member, Litigation Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Trial Practice Committee, American Bar Association