Ashley Turacek maintains a broad privacy practice, providing day-to-day privacy support and advice on highly variable and complex privacy and data security issues. Pulling from her in-house experience, Ashley regularly helps clients develop innovative strategies for implementing compliance communication, training, and policies and procedures.
Her experience includes helping draft, socialize and maintain corporate data privacy and protection policies, breach notification playbooks, notice of privacy practices, data subject rights playbooks, vision/mission statements and data retention guidelines, as well as conduct privacy impact assessments.
Ashley regularly monitors and evaluates evolving laws, rules, regulations and guidance to assist clients in maintaining compliance with policies, federal and state laws (HIPAA, TSR, BIPA) and international privacy laws (GDPR) while also maintaining strategic alignment with organizational mission and goals.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D.
- Southern Illinois University, B.A., magna cum laude
- Admitted Only in Minnesota
- OneTrust Professional Certification (May 2021)
- Certified Privacy Profession/US (CIPP/US certification) (April 2018)
- Law Clerk, Anoka Public Defender’s Office (September 2016 – March 2017)
- Judicial Extern, The Honorable Jennifer L. Frisch, Second Judicial District Court (May – August 2016)