Alan Tarr’s clients include a broad range of companies and individuals. His practice focuses on tax planning for business transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions of businesses, reorganizations, utilizing partnerships and limited liability companies, tax benefits for renewable energy, sophisticated real estate transactions, executive compensation, state and local taxation and audits and tax controversies.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M.
- Vanderbilt Owen Graduate School of Management, M.B.A., Founders' Medal
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.,
Order of the Coif
- Brown University, B.S., summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- New York
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Domestic Tax, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2018-2020)
- Named "New York Metro Super Lawyer" in Tax by Thomson Reuters, (2010-2019)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Tax Law, (2012 and 2015-2020) and Tax Litigation & Controversy, (2013-2014), The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc.
- Recipient, BNA Tax Management Distinguished Author Award
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
Committee on the Taxation of Business Entities, Association of the Bar of the City of New York (former Chair)
Member, Pass-Through Entities Advisory Board, Bloomberg BNA
Former Member, Executive Committee, Tax Section, New York State Bar Association