Erica Sedler is an experienced trial lawyer whose practice includes representing individuals and corporations in complex commercial litigation, criminal and regulatory actions, and internal investigations. She concentrates her practice on securities, banking, accounting and disclosure fraud.
Select examples of Erica’s prior experience include:
- Successfully defended a CEO of a major medical device company in two high-profile federal criminal jury trials and parallel SEC enforcement action.
- Successfully defended a group of directors/audit committee members of a major bank in parallel federal grand jury and FDIC investigations of compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations.
- Successfully represented the founders of a major global technology company in audit committee, criminal, and SEC investigations, as well as shareholder litigation involving accounting practices, internal controls, corporate governance, and intellectual property ownership issues.
- Represented a large regional bank in a successful settlement of a political embezzlement case involving allegations of aiding and abetting fraud and violations of the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Represented a major hedge fund in successfully settling federal and state actions brought by investors following the disclosure of the Madoff Ponzi scheme.
- Successfully represented corporations in post-merger announcement shareholder litigation involving federal and state securities claims and duties of corporate directors.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., summa cum laude