Audrey Scott focuses her practice on a broad range of estate planning issues, including wealth transfer, estate and gift taxation, charitable giving, business succession planning and trust administration. She provides wealth management and planning counsel to families and individuals, including a number of technology entrepreneurs, public company executives, venture capitalists, real estate investors and winery owners.
A Bay Area native, Audrey has a unique depth of experience dealing with the particular situations that the region’s tech startup community faces. She works closely with company founders and early employees, as well as fund managers, to implement tax-efficient wealth preservation and transfer techniques at every stage of the corporate lifecycle, from formation through liquidity events. She has assisted numerous executives and entrepreneurs with estate planning needs leading up to initial public offerings, coordinating with teams of attorneys and accountants to help her clients achieve their business, personal and philanthropic goals.
Audrey also creates and advises tax-exempt organizations, and structures family limited partnerships, limited liability companies and family offices. She counsels her family office clients on multi-generational estate planning and governance issues. In addition, her practice includes negotiating premarital agreements and advising on tax issues related to marital dissolution.
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, J.D.
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A.
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Trusts and Estates, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2019-2020)
- Named in Chambers High Net Worth Guide in Private Wealth: Northern California (2016-2019)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, The Bar Association of San Francisco