Sarah Schacter is a litigation associate handling a wide range of complex litigation matters. She has particular expertise in the media and entertainment industry, with a specific concentration in the music industry. Representing clients from larger music publishers such as Sony/ATV and Warner/Chappell, to smaller music publishers, production companies, theater producers, individuals, and fashion retailers, Sarah's practice spans intellectual property and entertainment law, commercial litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, and class action litigation. She also handles litigation relating to commercial and residential real estate and trusts and estates.
In addition to representing clients in federal and state court litigation and arbitration, Sarah advises clients concerning right of publicity, defamation, and copyright and other intellectual property rights issues.
She also has an active pro bono practice, which includes representing clients seeking asylum in immigration court and domestic violence survivors in connection with the nonprofit legal organizations Human Rights First and My Sister’s Place.
Sarah writes for Loeb & Loeb’s IP/Entertainment Case Law Weekly Update for Motion Picture Studios and Television Networks.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, Executive Notes Editor, The Georgetown Law Journal
- Harvard University, A.B., cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York
- Honorable Vincent L. Briccetti, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Named a "Rising Star" in The Legal 500 US in Intellectual Property: Copyright, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2020)
- Named "New York Metro Rising Star" in Intellectual Property Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2017-2019)
- Member, Federal Bar Council
- Member, Copyright Society of the U.S.A.
- Member, Next Generation Committee, Media Law Resource Center