Daniel Platt is a seasoned real estate, health care, data privacy and commercial trial attorney. Daniel’s real estate practice includes leasing, development, construction, finance, acquisition, entitlements, tax credits and commercial tenancy issues. In addition to his practice, Daniel holds multiple leadership positions within the firm, including serving as a firm ombudsman and co-chair of the Los Angeles office’s pro bono committee.
In the health care arena, Daniel regularly advises third party administrators and insurance providers in connection with claims involving managed care, denial of medical benefits, billing issues, unfair competition, breach of administrative services agreements, theft and misappropriation of trade secrets, improper termination of services contracts, coverage disputes with stop-loss providers and third-party vendors and employee benefit plan member disputes. He also has experience litigating Medicare reconciliation matters and has represented medical device companies in various licensing agreement disputes.
Daniel’s diverse practice also extends to complex commercial litigation matters. He has experience trying cases in both state and federal courts, regularly defending and prosecuting matters in the real estate, health care, aerospace, aviation, banking and financial services, food manufacturing and processing and hospitality industries. Daniel also represents clients in disputes involving partnerships, breach of contracts, securities, commercial leasing, trusts and estates and employment.
Representations have included:
- Real Estate. Represented builders, owners and developers in connection with partnership disputes, financing, entitlements, construction defects, trespass, commercial unlawful detainer cases, tax credit syndicators in low income housing disputes with developers and oil and gas companies with respect to drilling rights.
- Healthcare. Represented health insurance companies, third party administrators, medical billing companies, pharmacy benefit managers and ambulatory surgery centers in matters involving denials of managed care claims and benefits, trade secrets, unfair competition, audits, billing, coding and Medicare reconciliations.
- Employment. Represented multiple employers, including universities and colleges, in wrongful termination and discrimination cases.
- Aviation. Represented commercial aviation trading companies regarding commercial jet engine transactions, including leasing, sales and litigation.
- Life Sciences. Represented multiple biomedical device manufacturers and owners in various licensing disputes.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Cornell University, B.S.
- Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Mediating the Litigated Case
- Harvard University, Division of Continuing Education Professional Development, Certificate in Advanced Negotiation Skills
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- New York
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Commercial Litigation, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2021-2023)
- Named "Southern California Super Lawyer" in Business Litigation, Civil Litigation Defense and General Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2007, 2010-2023)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Member, California State Bar Association
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association
- Mediator, American Arbitration Association