Richard Nardi concentrates his practice on commercial real estate law. He has significant experience in a wide variety of transactions, including commercial leasing, property acquisitions, real estate development and redevelopment (such as Hudson Yards, Bryant Park and the South Street Seaport), and commercial real estate financings. Richard also advises clients regarding the preparation and negotiation of construction documents.
As counsel to several lenders, Richard acted as liquidating bankruptcy trustee in the sale of a large development site in Manhattan. He takes a patient and collaborative approach to the representation of all types of public and private businesses.
I focus on my clients’ interests, and I enjoy bringing people together in a deal. It’s rewarding to close a deal where both parties are pleased with the result.
In addition to his real estate practice, he serves as a member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee. He has worked with several nonprofits in New York City in various capacities. His personal commitment to public service is also demonstrated through leadership roles with the Byram Hills Education Foundation Inc. and the North Castle Open Space Committee. In addition, he is actively involved with the high school he attended, Cardinal Spellman, and holds roles on the board and in the foundation campaign.
Richard is passionate about serving his community and making it a better place. He’s particularly interested in the historic aspects of the local community, and is involved in the restoration of Washington’s Headquarters, known as the Miller House, in North White Plains, New York.
He is counsel to the Mortgage Bankers Association of New York Inc. and a member of the board of directors of Stewart Title Insurance Company.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, Commentary Editor, Fordham Law Review
- Fordham University, B.A., summa cum laude
- New York
- Named "New York Metro Super Lawyer" in Real Estate by Thomson Reuters (2008-2018)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Member, Financing Committee, Real Estate Board of New York
- Member, New York Bar Association (Real Property Law Committee, 1986-1989, 1993-1995, 1998-2001; Chair, Committee on Cooperatives and Condominiums, 1995-1998)
- Member, New York State Bar Association (Real Property Law Section; Attorney Opinion Committee; Committee on Real Estate Financing and Liens; Committee on Condominium and Cooperative Law)
- Counsel, Mortgage Bankers Association of New York, Inc.
- Past Chairman, International Association of Attorneys and Executives in Corporate Real Estate
- Member, Board of Directors, Stewart Title Insurance Company
- Former Member, Advisory Board, Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company