Angie Matney focuses her practice on matters related to information privacy, data security, and digital accessibility. She regularly assists clients in meeting their compliance obligations under HIPAA, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and other data protection laws.
Angie has extensive experience negotiating data-related agreements for clients in the healthcare, life sciences and adtech sectors, among others. She helps clients develop customized data protection impact assessments, privacy policies, security incident response plans and other policies and procedures designed to safeguard information assets. She also advises clients on issues related to digital accessibility, including obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and accessibility considerations related to the Internet of Things.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., Articles Editor, Articles Review Board, Virginia Journal of Law and Technology
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Rehabilitation Counseling, M.S.
- University of Virginia, Mathematics, M.S.
- Washington and Lee University, Honors in Mathematics, B.S., magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- Named "Washington, DC Rising Star" in Health Care by Thomson Reuters (2016-2018)
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Member, American Bar Association
- Pro Bono Attorney, Legal Information Network for Cancer