Barry Mallen’s practice focuses on entertainment, media and copyright litigation in the motion picture, television and music industries. He has represented entertainment companies, film and broadcasting companies, music publishers, above the line talent and recording artists in numerous contract disputes and copyright and trademark infringement cases. In addition, Barry has litigated cases arising out of recording contracts, dissolution of recording group partnerships, antipiracy disputes, idea submission claims, distribution agreements, rights of publicity of celebrities, and audit disputes in the motion picture, television, recording, publishing and merchandising industries.
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D.
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Named an “IP Star” by Managing Intellectual Property magazine (2013-2018)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television; Entertainment Law - Music, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2013-2020)
- Named "Southern California Super Lawyer" in Entertainment & Sports by Thomson Reuters (2004-2005, 2007-2019)
- Named in “Top Five Copyright Lawyers” by the Los Angeles Daily Journal (2008)
- Member, Board of Editors, Entertainment Law and Finance, Law Journal Newsletters