Scott Liebman leads an interdisciplinary life sciences team that focuses on complex FDA regulatory, compliance and legal matters affecting global pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device manufacturers. He counsels clients on federal and state requirements and develops legal and regulatory strategies to help commercialize their products.
Clients regularly turn to Scott and his team to help them lead product launches; implement corporate integrity agreements; develop comprehensive training and monitor compliance programs; and handle anti-kickback, sampling and off-label investigations. Whether advising executives or training a national sales force, Scott knows that clear, thoughtful communication and practical advice are key to supporting his clients.
Scott’s keen understanding of the industry and our organization’s business enables him to help us find creative solutions to legal challenges that appropriately manage legal risk while being practical, sensible and actionable. Scott’s willingness to brainstorm issues on the fly and provide on-the-spot guidance is invaluable to our in-house practice. Client Commentary
He has worked with businesses of all sizes, from small life sciences organizations launching their first product to nearly three-quarters of Fortune 500 companies in the pharmaceutical and medical products/equipment industries. His clients operate worldwide and include Europe- and Asia-based life sciences companies.
Scott is passionate about understanding his clients’ challenges and is committed to learning their businesses inside and out to find solutions. He brings deep technical knowledge along with enthusiasm for his clients’ work to each client relationship.
- Seton Hall University Law School, J.D., Member, Seton Hall Journal of Sports & Entertainment Law
- Lehigh University, B.A., with High Honors
Recipient, Departmental Honors in English
Member, National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- New York
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- Ranked in the LMG Life Sciences guide in FDA: Pharmaceutical and FDA: Medical Device (2021)
- Named “Health Care Trailblazer” by The National Law Journal (2020)
- Named a "Rising Star" by the New York Law Journal (2014)
- Named in “New Leaders of The Bar” by New Jersey Law Journal (2012)
- Named "New York Metro Rising Star" in Health Care by Thomson Reuters (2014-2015)
- Named “New Jersey Rising Star” in Health Care Law by Thomson Reuters (2013)
- Advisory Board Member, City Health Works
- Member, WellthCare
- Member, TEDMED Community 2013
- Faculty, CBI
- Faculty, Lawline