Edward Lee maintains a broad-based litigation practice, focusing on trademark, copyright and other intellectual property disputes. He also handles a variety of business litigation matters, including trade secret misappropriation, breach of contract and real estate litigation.
He has significant experience with trademark and copyright protection and enforcement matters related to internet and new media applications, including both prosecuting and defending claims of cyberpiracy and infringement stemming from the digital distribution of rights-protected content. Edward also has experience prosecuting false advertising and counterfeiting claims on behalf of national and international retail clients, as well as defending against copyright infringement claims related to television, film and music.
Edward regularly counsels clients in the gathering, review and production of electronically stored information. He has managed large and small e-discovery projects, including negotiating e-discovery issues with opposing counsel and coordinating with ESI vendors.
Edward also contributes his services to various pro bono initiatives. During his time in New York, he served as a mentor and coach to high school students in connection with moot court and mock trial competitions, and was actively involved with Lawyers for Children, a nonprofit organization for which he won an appeal before the First Department Appellate Division of New York on behalf of two children and their adoptive foster parents. Since moving to Los Angeles, Edward has represented unaccompanied minor children seeking asylum in the United States before the Immigration Court and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, as well as served as a deputy prosecutor for the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, J.D., Articles Editor, Cardozo Law Review
Recipient, Law Dean's Scholarship
- Binghamton University, Psychology, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York
- Named "Southern California Rising Star" in Business Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2015-2019)
- Judicial Intern, Honorable Sherry Klein Heitler, New York Supreme Court (Summer 2006)