Steve Hurdle is a transactional lawyer who focuses on helping clients in the media, entertainment, and technology industries to achieve smart and profitable business growth. He advises investors and companies on their mergers and acquisitions, venture financings, strategic relationships and equity offerings.
With a diverse corporate background handling multibillion-dollar business combinations and public securities matters for clients in a variety of industries, Steve has developed a particular depth of experience helping entertainment companies, sources of capital, and entertainers in their business formation, fundraising, investing, and business purchase and sale transactions. He has represented numerous buyers and sellers of scripted and unscripted television production companies in cross-border transactions and frequently collaborates with Loeb & Loeb’s nationally-ranked entertainment attorneys to provide cutting-edge counsel to clients in these fast-changing industries.
Steve also advises innovative technology startups and their founders and investors, and he has extensive experience working with entrepreneurs creating new digital media technologies that disrupt the way content is created, consumed, and monetized. His clients have included:
- venture capital and private equity funds
- mobile application and game developers
- multi-channel networks
- virtual reality and augmented reality companies
Representative clients Steve has advised include:
- a venture capital fund investing in early-stage media and technology entrepreneurs who create new platforms, services and content for the next generation of digital media, in its fund matters and making venture-stage investments
- a company at the forefront of providing virtual/augmented reality technologies, solutions and content, in acquiring development teams, patent portfolios and other technologies in this industry
- an innovative mobile application developer helping to radically disrupt the local advertising industry and fundamentally increase ROI for local businesses, in all aspects of its corporate operations and capital-raising activities
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., Editor, UCLA Law Review
Managing Editor, Journal of Law and Technology
- University of Southern California, B.S., summa cum laude
- Named in Variety's "Legal Impact Report" (2021)
- Named in the Daily Journal's "Top 40 Under 40: California's Leading Lawyers of 2019"
- Named in The Legal 500 US in M&A: Middle-Market, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2019-2021)
- Named "Top Dealmaker" in Variety's Dealmakers Impact Report (2018)
- Named "2017 Emerging Leader" in The M&A Advisor (2017)
- Named to "Up Next" list of emerging leaders in entertainment law in Variety's “Legal Impact Report” (2015)
- Named "Southern California Rising Star" in Business/Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions by Thomson Reuters (2014-2021)