Joon Hur is a corporate and finance lawyer with a practice focusing on advising clients on structuring and negotiating complex business and financing transactions across a wide range of industries, including technology, entertainment, media, financial services, investment management, consumer products, agriculture and food and beverage.
He represents startup and early growth companies, public companies, financial institutions, investment funds, family offices and high net worth individuals on a wide variety of matters, including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, venture capital and strategic investments, joint ventures, restructurings and private and public securities offerings. Joon also regularly counsels clients on navigating through corporate governance, employment, fund-raising and other general business and commercial issues, and provides practical business and legal advice to help clients achieve solutions and results.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., Senior Editor, Journal of International Economic Law
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, M.Eng.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, B.S.
- New York
- Named "Southern California Rising Star" in Business/Corporate by Thomson Reuters (2017)
- President, Korean American Bar Association of Southern California
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association