Laurence Ho maintains an international tax, trust and estate planning practice, focusing primarily on representing individuals, multi-national families, family offices, estates and fiduciaries with connections to the United States.
Laurence regularly assists clients on matters involving personal estate and succession planning, tax-efficient structuring of U.S. and non-U.S. trusts and holding companies, structuring in-bound U.S. real estate investments, tax planning in connection with individuals immigrating to and expatriating from the U.S., and post-mortem planning in relation to international probates.
He also counsels U.S. individuals and families on their tax compliance and foreign financial asset reporting obligations, particularly with respect to civil tax examinations/audits and IRS voluntary disclosure programs.
Select examples of Laurence’s prior firm experience include:
- Advised U.S. clients on U.S. estate planning, including personal estate plans, living trusts, insurance trusts, asset protection trusts and trusts for pre-IPO interests.
- Advised non-U.S. clients on trust planning, particularly with respect to families with U.S. assets and/or U.S. beneficiaries.
- Advised non-U.S. clients with implementing structures to hold U.S. financial and real estate investments.
- Assisted individuals with various tax audits and voluntary disclosures with the U.S. tax authorities and general tax compliance issues.
- Advised non-U.S. families on U.S. tax and reporting implications related to U.S. financial investments and immigration to the United States.
- Advised U.S. families on U.S. tax and reporting implications related to non-U.S. financial investments, relinquishment of U.S. status and treaty benefits.
- Advised on U.S. tax planning related to international probates with U.S. connections.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M.
- Boston College Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.B.A.
- New York
- Named in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific in Tax & Trusts, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2018 to present)
- Named to Citywealth’s ‘2019 Future Leaders Top 100: Super Advisors’ list (2019)
- Awarded Citywealth’s 2019 Future Leaders Awards, Lawyer of the Year – IFC – Partner – Silver (2019)
- Recognized in Legal Week's Private Client Global Elite 'Ones to Watch' (2018 and 2019)
- Recognized in Chambers High Net Worth Guide, published by Chambers and Partners (2019 to present)