Tanya Harvey focuses her practice on estate planning and probate. In addition to handling general estate planning matters, Tanya specializes in several areas of estate planning law. She has significant experience in special education law and is especially adept with issues involving individuals with disabilities and special needs trusts. In addition, she provides estate planning counsel to non-traditional families and the LGBT community, including guidance and assistance with living trusts, health care powers of attorney and asset distribution. Tanya is also experienced in negotiating and drafting prenuptial agreements, and she understands and is particularly sensitive to the specific estate planning issues involved when an individual is contemplating, or undergoing, a separation or divorce.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, J.D.
- State University of New York at Albany, B.S., magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association, Estates, Trusts and Probate Law Section; Volunteer, Pro Bono Program Probate Resource Center
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, Virginia State Bar Association
- Member, Washington, DC Estate Planning Council
- Major, U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's Corps, Reserve (Active Duty: 1983-1987)