Regina Covitt focuses her practice on tax and estate planning for individual clients, trust and estate administration, and charitable giving and tax-exempt organizations. Regina is experienced in a broad variety of matters pertaining to individuals and closely-held businesses, including creation and administration of living trusts, gift trusts, and insurance trusts, sophisticated transfer techniques, probate court proceedings, advising individual and corporate fiduciaries, formation and operation of charitable organizations, advising individuals regarding international estate planning matters, and formation and dissolution of business entities.
Regina has authored and co-authored numerous books and articles on estate planning. For several years, Regina was a guest lecturer in the UCLA Law School Estate Planning Clinical program and has spoken to other groups on estate planning topics and community property law.
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, J.D.
- University of California at Los Angeles, M.A.
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst, B.A., magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Tax Court
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Domestic Tax: West Coast, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2012 edition)
- Certified as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory