Schuyler Carroll serves as a trusted advisor to a wide range of clients, helping them develop solutions and strategic alternatives to their most complex restructuring matters. His practice focuses primarily on Chapter 11, 15 and 7 bankruptcy proceedings; distressed acquisitions; creditors’ rights enforcement; and litigation and advisory work. Clients also turn to him for out-of-court workouts and non-judicial reorganizations and restructurings.
Schuyler represents debtors, creditor committees, trade creditors, claims traders, foreign representatives, lenders and secured and unsecured creditors across a wide range of industries, including financial services, real estate, health care, retail, manufacturing, e-commerce, technology, telecommunications and hospitality.
He is particularly skilled in counseling parties on potential bankruptcy issues related to nonbankruptcy transactions such as investments, loans, and mergers and acquisitions. Schuyler also often represents buyers and sellers of distressed debt, trade claims and equity, as well as litigation funders. He also has extensive experience representing acquirers of assets of insolvent and bankrupt companies.
Schuyler has in-depth experience in enforcement of creditors’ rights and litigation in creditors’ rights in state and federal courts. His litigation background includes fraud claims, loan recovery and collection actions, fraudulent conveyance actions, foreclosures and replevin actions, enforcement proceedings, reclamation and other actions under the Uniform Commercial Code, loan participation and syndication actions, defense of lender liability, and usury and fraud claims.
Some of Schuyler’s recent work includes representing:
Debtors in chapter 11 cases, including Absolut Facilities Management (Operator of Senior Living Facilities), Sarar USA (Domestic branch of worldwide upscale men’s clothing chain), Marine Environmental Remediation (Ship Recycler), Congregation Shar (non-profit religious organization), Bedford Properties.
Creditors committees in Itella International (Plant Based Food Company), Rocking M Media (Radio Station Operator), Robert Allan Duralee Group (Interior Design Wholesaler), Weyerbacher Brewery (Craft Beer Brewer and Restaurants).
Companies in out of court restructurings, including several non-profits and real estate and hospitality owners and operators.
Liquidating Trustees in Channel Technologies Group and Décor Holdings.
Other significant parties in chapter 11 cases, such as PWM Property Management, Mercy Hospital, Akorn Pharmaceuticals, Vyera Pharmaceuticals, Packable Holdings, Verity Health Systems (Hospital Operator), Quorum Health, Liberman Broadcasting (Latin Television and Radio Stations), Guitar Center, Global Eagle Entertainment, Brooks Brothers and Neiman Marcus.
- Binghamton University, B.A.
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- New York
- Received “AV Preeminent” Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Named one of New York’s Top Rated Lawyers by American Lawyer Media (2013)
- Member, Enhance Diversity in the Profession Committee – New York City Bar Association
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member, Diversity Champion Award Selection Committee – New York City Bar Association
- Member, New York County Civil Court Independent Judicial Screening Panel
- Member, Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Unsecured Trade Creditors Committee
- Member, Real Estate and Business Reorganization Committee