Emily Borich focuses her practice on advertising and intellectual property matters, with an emphasis on trademark and copyright litigation, enforcement, counseling, prosecution and transactional matters.
Emily has significant experience representing clients in trademark, copyright and anti-counterfeiting litigation in both state and federal court. She also represents clients in administrative proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, as well as in online enforcement actions and domain name disputes under ICANN’s Uniform Dispute Resolution Procedure. She has obtained preliminary injunctions on behalf of clients and worked closely with U.S. Customs and Border Protection in coordinated anti-counterfeiting efforts.
Emily regularly manages domestic and international trademark portfolios, including assisting with the selection, clearance, prosecution, registration and maintenance of trademarks, as well as overseeing foreign counsel on both brand management and enforcement actions.
In addition, Emily has drafted and negotiated a wide variety of commercial agreements on behalf of her clients within the fashion, lifestyle and beauty industries, including licensing, collaboration agreements and influencer/celebrity endorsement agreements. She has played an integral role in advising fashion and beauty start-up companies and celebrity-branded product lines.
- Pace University School of Law, J.D.
- Fordham University, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- New York
- New Jersey
- Named to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list in Intellectual Property Law (2021-2023)
- Judicial Law Clerk and Court Attorney, Honorable Laura Visitación-Lewis of the New York Supreme Court
- Member, Fashion Law Committee, New York City Bar Association
- Member, North American Anti-Counterfeiting Committee, International Trademark Association