Noel Bishop is a corporate and securities lawyer with a background in financial advising. She has experience representing private and public companies and financial institutions in a range of securities and investment management law matters, as well as corporate finance and financial litigation matters. Noel regularly assists issuer-side and underwriter-side clients in preparing and reviewing SEC regulatory filings for initial public offerings (IPOs) and special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) IPOs.
Noel also possesses experience with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission. There, she has worked on matters pertaining to the scope and application of U.S. securities laws, proposed rulemaking, market participants, derivatives, and futures laws.
She began her career with Merrill Lynch where she developed a strong background in financial advising, as well as experience in market practices, financial instruments, and investment management practices.
Noel is admitted to the bar of Connecticut; her application for admission in the District of Columbia is pending. She is practicing under the direct supervision of an enrolled, active member of the District of Columbia Bar.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M.
- Rutgers University, B.S.
- Western New England College School of Law, J.D.
- Member, Regulatory and Compliance Advisory Board, Banking Insurance & Securities Association (2018-2019)
- Washington DC Cohort, Alliance of Securities and Financial Educators (2016)
- Elected District 12 Delegate, House of Delegates, Connecticut Bar Association (2014-2016)
- Vice President 2015-2016 and Treasurer (2014-2015), George W. Crawford Black Bar Association (CT)
- Co-chair, Professional Responsibility Committee, Young Lawyers Section, Connecticut Bar Association (2014-2015)
- Executive Board Member, Western New England Law Review (2012-2013)
- Judicial Extern, The Honorable Judge Dominic J. Squatrito, United States District Court (January 2012-May 2012)
- Judicial Extern, The Honorable Judge Linda S. Fidnick, Hampshire County Probate & Family Court (August 2011-December 2011)