Christopher Binns is a litigation associate handling a wide range of complex litigation and trial matters relating to labor and employment matters, white collar criminal defense and investigations, and general business litigation. He represents clients in federal and state litigation and arbitration, in single plaintiff, multi-plaintiff and class actions, focusing on matters relating to contract disputes, Title VII, ADA, New York State and City Human Rights Laws, Fair Labor Standards Act, False Claims Act, and restrictive covenant issues.
In addition Christopher conducts confidential internal investigations and counsels companies on employee handbooks, the implementation of employment policies relating to employee relations, discipline, performance management, terminations, reasonable accommodations, labor force reductions, wage and hour issues, and restrictive covenants.
Christopher also has experience in representing individuals and companies in internal investigations and responding to government inquiries from federal and state regulators, including the New York Stock Exchange, Federal Trade Commission, and the New York Attorney General’s Office.
Prior to starting his private practice, Christopher served as a staff attorney for the New York City Commission on Human Rights and an assistant district attorney for the Bronx District Attorney’s Office. He also clerked in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York for Magistrate Judge Ronald L. Ellis. He is currently an adjunct professor of advanced legal methods at New York Law School.
- New York Law School, J.D.
- Virginia State University, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York
- Named "New York Metro Rising Star" in Criminal Defense: White Collar by Thomson Reuters (2019)
- Member, Federal Bar Council
- Member, NYC Affairs Committee, New York City Bar Association
- Member, Metropolitan Black Bar Association
- Member, National Employment Law Council
- Judicial Clerk, The Honorable Ronald L. Ellis, U.S. Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (2012-2013)