David Barksdale focuses his practice on real estate finance, investment and development, with an emphasis on loan originations, strategic investments and joint venture transactions. He has more than 30 years of experience representing both lenders and borrowers in structured and syndicated finance transactions, and handling acquisitions, leasing, workouts, and restructurings involving real estate assets of all types.
David represents life insurance companies, financial institutions, and investment banks as lenders and equity investors in project finance, and as lenders in the origination of real estate finance for balance sheet or securitization. He also represents energy providers in obtaining project financing.
In addition, David advises special servicers, lenders, and investors in the workout and restructuring of real estate financing, including CMBS debt, and represents private equity funds in the investment and deployment of capital, whether as debt or equity. He has represented real estate developers in the financing, acquisition and disposition, development, and construction of retail, office, industrial, hotel, casino, special-use, residential, and mixed-use properties, as well as master-planned communities.
In addition to his practice, he is committed to pro bono service and has handled pro bono adoption matters for the Alliance for Children's Rights.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
- Oral Roberts University, B.A. and B.S., magna cum laude
- Named in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in California Real Estate (2008-2011)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Real Estate Law, The Best Lawyers in America (2010-2019)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, CRE Finance Council
- Member, Urban Land Institute