Loeb & Loeb LLP is proud to host the second annual Italian Business & Investment Initiative Fall Symposium.
The Italian Business & Investment Initiative (IB&II), in cooperation with Intesa Sanpaolo Start-Up Initiative, Innogest SGR and Mind the Bridge Foundation in San Francisco, is an independent organization committed to promoting Italy-originated startups as attractive investments for U.S. venture capital firms. Now operating in its second year, IB&II's biannual series of investment symposia in Silicon Valley and New York have been tremendously well-received, resulting in $5 million in investments and two successful US exits.
This fall's symposium will feature presentations from 12 prominent startups from the consumer internet and mobile sectors. While at various stages of development, most of these companies have been backed by Italian or international venture capital firms, having secured over $11 million in funding collectively. All are poised for global growth and have plans to relocate to the U.S., and many are already operating here. After each company’s pitch, a panel will provide feedback and the program will conclude with a networking cocktail reception.
|5:00-6:00 PM||Registration and networking (cocktails will be served)|
|6:00-6:15 PM||Opening remarks|
|6:15-7:45 PM||Company pitches|
|7:45-9:00 PM||Closing remarks and networking (cocktails and hors d'oeuvres will be served)|
- ADmantX is dedicated to using semantic technology to improve the online advertising world, leveraging proven technology based on 20 years of practice in semantics and Natural Language Processing. The technology can read and understand content with unprecedented accuracy and speed in order to match online ads without mistakes, with inventory clearing granularity, and extensions into identifying emotions, behaviors and motivations.
- ArtistFan is the only interactive online music network that provides music artists with a free, easy-to-use platform to promote and distribute their music, videos, merchandise, live performances and live streaming. ArtistFan is scheduled to launch in January 2013.
- Beintoo is a gamification and advertising platform for the Web and mobile. Beintoo distributes rewards to end users based on their gaming or app usage patterns, creating a proprietary loyalty program based on virtual currency named bedollar. The company is going global with a profitable U.S. subsidiary in NY, and aims for market expansion in U.S., Europe and Asia.
- Blomming is one of the first European DIY e-commerce solutions for blogs, social media and soon mobile devices. The platform allows users to insert a complete, embeddable online shop anywhere on the Web. Multilingual support—English, Spanish and Italian—facilitates worldwide coverage and reach.
- Homply is a lead generation system in the real estate market. It helps users manage their home search by extracting information from real estate ads sites through keywords and semantic analysis and puts them on an Evernote-style control panel.
- HyperTVx has developed advanced online cross-device multimedia platform software that offers enhanced second screen usage. Utilizing the gamification approach to content generation, HyperTVx allows users to create their own content and experience while HyperTVx creates the strategy and structure of the game experience. This process engages and entertains users without requiring TV networks to create unique content for companion apps, thus lowering the costs associated with developing these apps.
- iCoolhunt is a cross-platform geo-social game that lets its users collaboratively identify and track emerging trends on a global scale.
- Mosaicoon is an online marketing and engagement agency with a network reaching over 80 million users worldwide. Mosaicoon has developed novel seeding approaches to improve the success rates of viral campaigns. Currently active in Italy and the United Kingdom, Mosaicoon is looking to expand its global footprint.
- +Plugg creates intelligent tools that work connected to the most common smartphones (IOS, Android and Windows Mobile). +Plugg reinvents everyday objects and provides them with new intelligence (software), connectivity (mobile connection) and power when connected to smartphones.
- Real Made In Italy (RMI) is a media lifestyle project dedicated to the Italian way of living. From food and wine to history to fashion and design, RMI represents the latest innovations in Italian lifestyle content available specifically for smartphones, tablets and connected TVs.
- Stereomood is a free music streaming service that delivers curated playlists from independent artists and/or label to best suit a user's current mood, offering an alternative, serendipitous method of discovering fresh sounds from the top 150 music blogs across the web. Much more than radio, it's a tool to create playlists for every occasion, with the ability to tag and share mood music with users' social networks.
- Timbuktu is an iPad magazine that brings the best content and activities for parents and their kids, allowing them to play games, read the news, and discover beautiful pictures from all over the world.