Loeb & Loeb LLP is proud to sponsor a panel discussion with The Paley Center for Media entitled Privacy and Targeted Advertising: Consumer Service or Threat?. Loeb's Ieuan Jolly will serve as moderator.
Internet services can anonymously track what people do online, allowing advertisers to target consumers with ads based on their interests. But with technological innovation comes a crucial question: is targeted advertising a threat to privacy, or is it an enhanced service? The Paley Center for Media and Loeb & Loeb gather government officials, executives from the marketing and technology industries, and consumer rights advocates to look for solutions and common ground as this issue makes its way to Congress.
- Ieuan Jolly, Advanced Media and Technology Group, Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Justin Bookman, Senior Resident Fellow, Center for Democracy and Technology
- Molly Crawford, Senior Attorney, Division of Privacy and Identity Protection, Federal Trade Commission
- Will DeVries, Policy Counsel, Google
- Susan Whiting, Vice Chair, The Nielsen Company
The panel will be followed by a cocktail reception.