345 Park Avenue
New York, NY
Steve Semerdjian concentrates his practice on complex outsourcing and information technology matters. His practice includes drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements, including domestic and international business process and information technology outsourcing agreements and technology procurement, licensing, and system development contracts, advising clients on general business, information technology and intellectual property matters.
Prior Work Experience
Prior to joining Loeb & Loeb LLP, Mr. Semerdjian was a partner in the New York office of Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner LLP.
Represented a large US life insurance company with the outsourcing of scanning and indexing functions for several lines of business to a leading service provider.
Represented a major life insurance company in a multi-year claims processing outsourcing agreement with a leading offshore service provider.
Represented a global commercial bank in negotiating license, development and related maintenance agreements for the acquisition of core banking software.
Represented two major North American department store chains in a finance and accounting outsourcing transaction against a leading offshore service provider.
Represented a joint venture consisting of the largest cable companies in the country in developing a national interactive television advertising technology platform.
Represented a leading provider of life insurance and annuity products in a multiyear extension of an existing information technology infrastructure outsourcing contract, along with an expansion in scope of services to include application development and maintenance, in a deal valued in excess of $120 million.
Represented a major outsourcing service provider in a global print services outsourcing transaction against an international publishing company valued at over $1 billion.
Represented one of the largest investment and insurance companies in a suite of outsourcing transactions to multi-source its application development and maintenance activities to major offshore service providers.
- Speaker, Visa Reform and the Impact on Outsourcing (June 19, 2013)
- Speaker, Outsourcing in Financial Services (January 23, 2013)
- Speaker, Sourcing Interest Group Global Leadership Summit (October 9-11, 2012)
- Co-author, Outsourcing: U.S., Outsourcing: The Law and Leading Lawyers Worldwide, PLC Multi-Jurisdictional Guide (2012 Edition)
- Speaker, Sourcing Interest Group Global Sourcing Summit (March 27-29, 2012)
- Speaker, Outsourcing in Financial Services (November 1, 2011)
- Speaker, Sourcing Interest Group Global Leadership Summit (October 18-20, 2011)
- Author, Financial Institution Facing New Lawsuit for Offshoring Call and Data Center Services, SIG Inside Sourcing Newsletter (September 2011)
- Advisory Board Member, Sourcing Interests Group (SIG)
- Member, Editorial Board, PLC Cross-border Outsourcing Handbook (5th edition)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Technology: Outsourcing, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2012-2013 editions)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Technology Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2011-2013 editions)
- Named "New York Super Lawyer" in Information Technology/Outsourcing by Thomson Reuters (2009-2012 editions)
- Named in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in New York Technology & Outsourcing (2013 edition)
St. John's University School of Law, J.D., 1996
University of Chicago, B.A., 1991