321 North Clark Street
Seth Rose’s principal practice areas include advertising, marketing, promotions, media, and intellectual property for advertisers, advertising and promotion agencies, and entertainment, media, Internet and mobile clients.
Mr. Rose regularly counsels clients on programs and initiatives in the fields of advertising (including review of advertising copy and commercials), marketing, promotions, media, sponsorships, entertainment (including talent and music), branded and integrated marketing, social media, intellectual property and privacy. Mr. Rose has handled all aspects of drafting and negotiating agreements in and related to these fields, as well as agency services agreements, vendor services contracts, and other intellectual property and various emerging media and technology-related agreements.
Mr. Rose advises clients on trademark matters, from search and clearance to prosecution at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Additionally, Mr. Rose has litigated intellectual property matters in federal courts, and has handled all aspects of trademark oppositions and cancellations at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Mr. Rose also is experienced in various aspects of due diligence in connection with intellectual property portfolios.
Prior Work Experience
Prior to joining Loeb & Loeb, Mr. Rose was an associate at Leydig Voit & Mayer Ltd.
- Co-author, Take my iPhone out to the Ballgame?, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (October 15, 2013)
- Co-author, ACC Debuts Advertising-Sponsored Mobile Gaming Application for College Football, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (September 17, 2013)
- Co-author, King James Rules Off the Court, Too, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (August 23, 2013)
- Speaker, SLA Indiana Outreach Event (August 26, 2013)
- Speaker, M.A.T.CH - It's More Than Just Getting Fans: How Advertisers and Agencies Are Creating and Managing Effective Social Media Campaigns (June 12, 2013)
- Author, Ivy League Joins Digital Trend, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (May 14, 2013)
- Speaker, Advertising and Marketing Law: 2013 Cutting Edge Developments and Fundamentals Refresher (April 25, 2013)
- Speaker, CARU Children's Advertising & Online Privacy Conference (April 10, 2013)
Member, American Bar Association
Member, American Bar Association (Intellectual Property Section)
Member, Illinois State Bar Association
Member, Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
Member, Promotion Marketing Association
Member, International Trademark Association
- Named a “Rising Star” in First Amendment/Media/Advertising, Intellectual Property and Entertainment & Sports by Illinois Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business (2010, 2012, 2013)