321 North Clark Street
Seth Rose’s practice focuses on counseling in the areas of advertising, marketing, and promotions, as well as counseling and litigation in trademark and unfair competition matters.
Mr. Rose regularly counsels clients on programs and initiatives in the fields of advertising (including review of advertising copy and commercials), marketing, promotions, media, sponsorships, entertainment (including talent and music), branded and integrated marketing, social media, and privacy. Mr. Rose has handled all aspects of drafting and negotiating agreements in and related to these fields, as well as agency services agreements, vendor services contracts, and other intellectual property and various emerging media and technology-related agreements.
Mr. Rose also handles trademark matters for clients, from search and clearance to prosecution at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Additionally, Mr. Rose has litigated intellectual property matters in federal courts, and has handled all aspects of trademark oppositions and cancellations at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Mr. Rose also is experienced in various aspects of due diligence in connection with intellectual property portfolios.
Mr. Rose is a contributing author to the Advanced Media and Technology Law Blog.
Prior Work Experience
Prior to joining Loeb & Loeb, Mr. Rose was an associate at Leydig Voit & Mayer Ltd.
- Ivy League Joins Digital Trend, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (May 14, 2013)
- Speaker, Advertising and Marketing Law: 2013 Cutting Edge Developments and Fundamentals Refresher (April 25, 2013)
- Speaker, CARU Children's Advertising & Online Privacy Conference (April 10, 2013)
- Co-author, MWC Capitalizes on March Madness Marketing, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (April 9, 2013)
- Co-author, NASCAR Drives More Fan Engagement, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (February 12, 2013)
- Co-author, 'D-Will' Tries Cutting Out the Middle Man, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (January 15, 2013)
- Co-author, More Teams Try Out Dynamic Ticket Pricing for Regular Season Games, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (December 18, 2012)
- Co-author, Sports Cards Head into the Digital Age, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (November 13, 2012)
Member, American Bar Association
Member, American Bar Association (Intellectual Property Section)
Member, Illinois State Bar Association
Member, Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
Member, Promotion Marketing Association
Member, International Trademark Association
- Named a “Rising Star” in First Amendment/Media/Advertising, Intellectual Property and Entertainment & Sports by Illinois Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business (2010, 2012, 2013)