345 Park Avenue
New York, NY
Seth Gelblum practices in the live stage, motion picture, television and documentary film areas.
His clients include producers, directors, playwrights, composers, performers, music publishers, designers and investors for Broadway, Off-Broadway, touring and foreign live stage productions, as well as theatre owners, motion picture studios for live stage matters, not-for-profit theatres and licensing agencies.
In the course of his representation of producers, writers, directors and underlying rights holders involved in many of the most significant theatrical productions of the past 25 years, Mr. Gelblum has become recognized as one of the leading practitioners in the structuring of theatrical compensation and financing.
He also represents writers and directors of motion pictures and television, documentary filmmakers and entertainment executives.
Mr. Gelblum was listed in the top 100 of New York Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters.
- Chairman of the Board, New Dramatists
- Board Member, Lawyers for Children
- Board Member, Canavan Foundation
- Recipient, New Dramatists Lifetime Achievement Award (2013)
- Named "New York City Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures & Television Lawyer of the Year" (2013); "New York City Entertainment Lawyer of the Year," Best Lawyers (2011)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Entertainment Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2006-2014)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Media, Technology and Telecoms: Theatre, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2008 edition)
- Named "Top Lawyer" in The Hollywood Reporter, ESQ.’s “Power Lawyers Top 100” list (2007-2009, 2011 and 2013 editions)
- Recipient, Loeb & Loeb Professional and Community Service Award (2006)
- Received highest ranking in Chambers USA 2011-2013 editions, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in New York Media & Entertainment: Theatre, (also recognized in 2005-2010 editions)
- Named "New York Super Lawyer" in Entertainment & Sports by Thomson Reuters (2006-2012 editions); named "New York Super Lawyer" in Entertainment & Sports and Intellectual Property (2013 edition); Listed in the Top 100 New York Metro Super Lawyers (2008-2012)
- Named "New Star" by Lawdragon 500 (2006)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Lecturer, Columbia Law School, Yale University School of Drama, Commercial Theatre Institute
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1982
Wesleyan University, B.A., 1975