Suite 4301, Tower C,
Beijing Yintai Center
2 Jianguomenwai Dajie,
100022, PR China
+86 10 5954 3552
+86 10 5954 3501
Roger Peng focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, and complex commercial transactions, with a particular focus on transactions in telecommunications, Internet, media, software, and other technology sectors. Mr. Peng has represented both investment funds and company clients in numerous private equity transactions and both acquirers and targets/sellers in various cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
Prior Work Experience
Mr. Peng has practiced in the Greater China Region since 2000 and joins the firm from the Beijing office of Paul Hastings LLP. Prior to his move to Beijing, Mr. Peng practiced in New York City.
Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Represented Hony Capital in its investment in and joint venture with a Tokyo-listed hotel operator and real estate company for the acquisition of hospitality assets in Japan.
- Represented Carlyle Asia Investment Advisors in its equity investment in ATMU, Inc., a leading independent self-banking service and technology provider in China.
- Represented CDH in its investment in Hong Kong-listed Tse Sui Luen Jewellery (International) Limited in the form of convertible bonds in the principal amount of HK$250 million for initial closing and up to an additional HK$200 million in a follow-on closing.
- Represented China Environment Fund in its equity investment in Fujian Baichuan Resources Recycling and other clean tech and renewable energy companies.
- Represented Mitsui Ventures in its various investment transactions in China across different industries.
- Represented Vancl Corporation, China's leading online clothing retailer, in its multiple rounds of fundraising, including its most recent round from a consortium of investors led by Temasek and IDG.
- Represented Ocean Butterflies Holdings, a leading independent music publishing company in China and Southeast Asia, in its various rounds of financing.
- Represented ihaveu.com, a leading online luxury retailer, in its financing transactions.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented the independent committee of the board of NYSE-listed Qiao Xing Mobile Communication in the proposed privatization of Qiao Xing by its parent, Qiao Xing Universal Resources.
- Represented the management and original owners of China M in the buy-out and spin-off of China M from Octave Holdings, an entity majority owned and controlled by Telstra Corporation Limited.
- Represented Hongfan Holdings in its proposed purchase from the Government of Jamaica of its joint venture interests in Clarendon Alumina Production Limited, a joint venture between the Government of Jamaica and Alcoa that operates the third largest bauxite mine in the world.
- Represented sellers in LMobile, the largest mobile advertising service provider in China, in the sale of a controlling interest in the company to Telstra.
- Represented institutional shareholders in Waptx, Ltd., a social network website based on Shanghai, in the sale of their interest to DeNA Co., Ltd., a Tokyo-listed online service company operating e-commerce, social networking and mobile social gaming websites.
- Represented Kuxun.cn, one of China's leading online travel information provider in its acquisition by TripAdvisor.com, a subsidiary of Expedia Inc.
- Named in "Chambers Asia, The World's Leading Lawyers for Business," in Private Equity: China (International Firms) (2010-2012 editions)
- Named in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific in Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2012 edition)
- Named Leading Lawyer by International Financial Law Review (IFLR) in M&A and Private Equity/Venture Capital in China and Hong Kong (2012)
- Named in the Asian Legal Business Hot 100 (2010)